Civil Engineering Project Manager
Oakland, CA | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
INDUSTRY: Land Development - Civil Engineering
- The Project Manager requires strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge within civil engineering field.
- Monitors and tracks project progress, aged accounts, invoices and budget, and is responsible for overall project performance.
- Develops schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts).
- Responsible for some marketing to prospective clients and building, maintaining and managing client relationships.
- Possesses effective management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering projects.
- Is involved with the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
- May perform some design work.
- Possesses strong drive, motivation and self-initiative. Responsible for acting independently on civil engineering matters within area of expertise.
- Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants.
- Reports to Owners of the Company.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 years experience with at least 5 years focused mainly on urban redevelopment for projects in the sectors of education, mixed-use, and/or commercial projects
- Licensure in Civil Engineering is preferred but not required
- Qualified SWPPP Developer/Practitioner certification is preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning codes and approval process
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills – ability to manage and build teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Is attuned to other areas as it relates to total project: structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and site requirements
- 3 years’ experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3-D including surfaces, grading, pipe networks, profiles, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’ s License
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes