Seattle, WA | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
INDUSTRY: Civil/Structural Consulting Engineering
Reporting to the HR Director, the Human Resources Business Partner provides Human Resources leadership and operational support for all designated North American offices in the development and delivery of HR services, policies and programs as part of the company' s growth and drive for organizational effectiveness. He/she ensures that daily Human Resources needs are met in a timely manner and is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and accessibility of HR to local management and employees.
- Engages with staff and local management as the primary contact for all enquiries related to HR programs, practices, policies, legislation, immigration, regulatory requirements and other HR related topics within area of accountability;
- Ensures compliance with all labor, federal and state laws and regulations, and advises the teams on the application and interpretation of compliance related issues and HR policies;
- Manages the full-cycle recruitment and selection process, sourcing talent and supporting hiring managers with recruitment activities including workforce planning, requisitions, advertising, initial screening, interviewing, candidate follow-up, background checks/drug screens coordination and reference checks;
- Leads various HR projects and engages with global HR functions in design and execution as appropriate;
- Ensures smooth execution of programs, projects, communications and alignment with business objectives;
- Leads internal communications and follow-up pertaining to and affecting employees in regional area;
- Manages immigration processes for in-bound and out-bound US employees and provides relocation support as required;
- Leverages experience and best practices to support building a culture of engagement, trust and collaboration across the organization;
- Provides recommendations and acts as a confidential source of counsel to employees and management regarding organizational changes, career changes, performance improvement processes, policies, practices, conflict resolution and employment separations, escalating issues as necessary and appropriate;
- Works cooperatively and effectively with other members of the North American HR function on various projects to ensure consistency of practices and alignment across regions;
- Ensures consistency of administration of employee programs and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Reviews various metrics including exit interview data and provides analysis and recommendations to business leaders;
- Manages performance management and annual reviews for all staff in region of responsibility;
- Develops and maintains relationships with third parties like recruitment agencies and universities;
- Tracks, analyzes and prepares various reports and other statistics; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Formal education in Human Resource Management (Business Degree preferred) or related discipline;
- 10 years of previous experience in a generalist Human Resources role in a complex organization with multiple offices, spanning across multiple geographic locations, with at least 2 years of full-cycle recruitment experience;
- Professional HR designation. California emphasis or ability to obtain an asset;
- Proven ability to identify and anticipate client needs, make recommendations for implementation and successfully navigate complex or ambiguous situations;
- Ability to coach, mentor and influence staff at all levels.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities, deal with change and work with a variety of personalities;
- A proven ability to multi-task, focus, problem solve, remain impartial and effectively and efficiently work without supervision;
- Proficiency in US labor, federal and state laws and working knowledge of immigration provisions and processes;
- Proven ability to partner, develop relationships and influence managers and senior leaders;
- Superior attention to detail combined with excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently;
- Customer-focused attitude with ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to present information to a variety of audiences in both formal and informal settings;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating initiative, energy and resourcefulness; and
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time, maintaining a flexible work schedule;
Qualifications and Skills Preferred
- Previous experience working in an international firm within a matrix environment
- Previous experience working in consulting engineering or in a developing HR function; and
- Familiarity with SAP HR.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes