Marine Electrician Project Manager
Seattle, WA | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
INDUSTRY: Electrical services for the commercial marine industry.
We are looking for fulltime, experienced Marine Electrical Project Managers. This position will be responsible for leading the completion of customer projects on time and to company and customer standards, demonstrating exceptional customer service, and leading by example.
Qualified candidates must be experienced in marine electrical installations with demonstrated success troubleshooting complex shipboard electrical systems.
Travel is a frequent requirement from our customers, and overtime work is both an opportunity and an expectation.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute electrical service and installation projects across a wide range of customer vessels.
- Interface with the customer (vessel chief engineer; vessel electrician; port engineer) during project planning and execution. Identify additional areas of work to be considered.
- Assign tasks to and lead the project team of electricians; supervise for performance and quality
- Specify and coordinate purchasing of all required materials
- Collaborate with engineers for design of associated control panels and ship electrical systems modifications
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge of vessel power and control systems
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills across range of marine electrical systems
- Commercial marine on-vessel experience and in-depth knowledge of ship-board systems
- Team player attitude with ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/AutoCAD-E strongly preferred; PLC and HMI programming a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes