Seattle, WA | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
INDUSTRY: Bridge/Tunnel/Marine engineering structures
Keys to position: Proposal writing, business development and Seattle engineering contacts
The incumbent will work closely with Technical Seller-Doers and the Marketing and Business Development staff throughout North America to facilitate and maintain a winning, productive and cohesive Business Development & Marketing effort in Washington and throughout North America. He/she will assist in the development of winning proposals that support the company' s growth objectives and, in addition, participate in day-to-day marketing and business development responsibilities including pursuits and visibility efforts.
- As part of a proposal team, responds to RFPs, RFQs, EOIs, award submittals, roster applications, etc.;
- Coordinates the complete lifecycle of a proposal response from intake of the RFP and qualification of the opportunity through to submission;
- Assists with coordinating firm-wide proposal resources to meet proposal production deadlines;
- Prepares, coordinates and develops non-technical writing for proposal efforts;
- Collaborates with the proposal team to enforce approved company styles and templates and improve and maintain best practices for the proposal process;
- Updates, creates, and/or, provides guidance on collateral material, presentations, brochures, product sheets, fact sheets, case studies, white papers, web content, newsletters, signage, ads and sales tools, etc., while consulting and collaborating with management, executives and principals;
- Liases with graphic design centre;
- Supports company presence at trade shows and other events as needed, managing marketing collateral, booth requirements, swag, and other items as needed to facilitate a consistent and professional company image;
- Creates and maintains marketing materials, including but not limited to resumes, project descriptions, presentations, technical press releases, brochures, etc.;
- Provides input on the final preparation of marketing materials including reviewing, proofreading, editing, etc.;
- Assists with development and maintenance of marketing information systems, including but not limited to CRM database and employee CV Profiles; and
- Updates the CRM database to track pursuits, proposals and client content;
- Assists with the coordination of capture planning efforts;
- Assists with the tracking of pursuits;
- Creates and modifies documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suites;
- Supports in the planning and implementation of the social media calendar; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education from a recognized institution in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field;
- 5 years' experience working in a professional services environment in a marketing or communications capacity;
- Comprehension of marketing/communication tools and techniques;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office Suites;
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to collaborate, lead and negotiate with strong personalities;
- Dynamic personality with an ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills for effective problem resolution;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines;
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities;
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic; and
- Experience using Sharepoint is an asset.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes