Civil Engineer (PE)
804 South Western Ave Oakland, CA 94608 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
INDUSTRY: Civil Engineering/Land Development
- The Project Engineer requires leadership and communication skills.
- Has a passion for civil engineering design, and takes pride in high quality deliverables and exceeding our Client’ s expectations
- Values a flexible workplace
- Has technical knowledge within civil engineering field.
- Monitor and track project Task progress, aged accounts, invoices and budget, and is responsible for overall project performance.
- Assist in developing schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts).
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering project Tasks and has a desire to develop Project Management skills.
- Performs design work.
- Coordinate production of several tasks concurrently.
- Act independently on civil engineering matters within area of expertise.
- Provide mentoring, training and coaching to junior team members.
- Communicate and coordinate project requirements with the project team and consultants.
- Adhere to company policies and can articulate companies mission statement to team members and clients.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Civil Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience with a focus on urban redevelopment for projects in the sectors of education, mixed-use, and/or commercial projects
- Licensure, or eligible for licensure, in Civil Engineering
- Qualified SWPPP Developer/Practitioner certification is preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning codes and approval process as well as technical knowledge in civil engineering field.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess strong drive, motivation and initiative.
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Is attuned to other areas as it relates to total project: structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural coordination relative to site design
- 3 years’ experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3-D including surfaces, grading, pipe networks, profiles, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’ s License
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes