Electrical Engineer (Facilities)
416 North Frederick Ave Gaithersburg, MD 20877 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Gaithersburg, MD
INDUSTRY: Facilities, industrial plants, water/wastewater and airports
The candidate will be providing medium voltage electrical engineering design services for facilities, industrial plants, and water and wastewater facilities, and airports.
Relocation assistance available.
- Your work will be based in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing medium voltage electrical systems, electric power distribution design and standby power generation
- Assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- You will be the project lead in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- You will prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings as well as prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- You will perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Additionally, you will have Construction Management duties including shop drawing review, Inspections, as-built reviews and Manual reviews
- Apply engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI.
- BS Electrical Engineer
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- 4+ years is the minimum range of experience.
- Requires excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management.
- Ability to interact with other discipline engineers, contractors, manufacturers, owners while ascertaining mutually satisfactory engineering design.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at same time to ensure scope compliance, budget compliance, technical feasibility, and constructability.
- Knowledge in testing startup and commissioning of all types of equipment. Familiarity in equipment manufacturing.
- Familiarity in process controls and ability to design instrumentation and control systems.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes