9611 NE 117th Ave Bellingham, WA 98226 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Bellingham, WA
INDUSTRY: Oil & Gas
Work includes support for all project phases, with particular focus in detailed engineering. Position will be assigned as electrical engineering lead for projects and will be responsible for coordination and ensuring effective communications with other engineering disciplines
- Responsible for development of electrical power systems engineering deliverables including one-line, three-line, schematic and connections drawings, cabling and grounding systems, and other related documents.
- Responsible for sizing and selection of electrical equipment, including development of specifications and data sheets.
- Responsible for lighting, lightning, grounding, and cable tray design, including sizing conduit, wires and motors.
- Responsible for review of electrical shop drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines and designers.
- Responsible for preparation of construction drawing and specification packages.
- BSc in electrical engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in petrochemical, oil & gas, power generation and/or metallurgical/mineral process industries. MSc a plus.
- PE license required with ability to register with NCEES and in other States of company practice required.
- Ability to lead quality management of discipline work processes and deliverables.
- Ability to perform power system studies, including short circuit, load flow, protective coordination and arc flash using software tools (e.g., SKM, ETAP, EasyPower).
- Ability to specify large electrical apparatus including transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, power conditioning equipment and other related devices.
- Protective relaying design expertise a plus.
- Experience in conducting area classification assessments, interpreting relevant codes (e.g., API, NFPA) and developing engineering designs consistent with area classification requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable model codes addressing electrical design/engineering (e.g., NFPA, NEMA, IEEE, IEC).
- Eligibility to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes