Environmental Engineer (Remediation)
10010 East 16th Street Tulsa, OK 74128
INDUSTRY: Full service environmental & heavy construction
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- Minimum Engineering Experience: 7 years
- Must be able to be a registered P.E. in Oklahoma within 6 weeks of starting employment
- Environmental Engineering Competency: Graduate degree with emphasis in environmental engineering, has passed the Environmental Engineering PE Exam, or has two years of work experience related to the field.
- Basic Hydrology and preparing engineering package for commercial development permits. An acceptable alternative would be basic hydrology competency and knowledge of city ordinances for commercial developments as a result of having worked for a city or municipality in an engineering role.
- Project Management and engineering for commercial permitting projects
- Project Management and engineering for environmental engineering and solid waste permitting applications
- Construction Management.
- QA/QC for earthwork and landfill construction.
- Become familiar with policies and procedures for managing projects, budget constraints and billing procedures.
- Prepare proposal cost control sheets and pay item lists.
- Prepare Site Plans compliant with various zoning requirements.
- Develop grading plans and models including earthwork balances and drainage analysis.
- Prepare engineering reports, plans, specifications, studies, etc.
- Quantify and summarize pay items and develop change orders used for construction.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates.
- Assist in the Bidding and Construction Administration phases of projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, especially AutoCAD Civil 3D, is preferred.
- Experience or advanced education in Geotechnical Engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Construction Land Surveying is a plus.
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position for which you are applying.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes