9611 NE 117th Ave Bellingham, WA 98226
LOCATION: Bellingham, WA
INDUSTRY: Oil & Gas
Work includes support for all project phases, with particular focus in front-end engineering and detailed engineering. Position will be assigned as the instrumentation and controls engineering lead for projects and will be responsible for coordination and ensuring effective communication with other engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for preparing instruments and control system specifications, instrument data sheets and other standard discipline deliverables.
- Responsible for review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines and designers.
- Participates in development of P&IDs, equipment/material specifications, logic diagrams, cause & effect diagrams, controls narratives, functional specifications and related instrumentation and controls documents.
- BSc in engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in instrumentation and controls engineering for the petrochemical/oil & gas industries.
- PE license preferred with ability to register with NCEES and in other States of company practice.
- Ability to lead quality management of discipline work processes and deliverables.
- Familiarity with various control and interface systems (e.g., DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI), including specification and integration design. Programming capability a plus.
- Experience with burner management systems preferred, with applicable experience in fired process equipment.
- Experienced in field instruments and control valve selection, calculation and detailed specifications.
- Ability to constructively participate in risk management system sessions (e.g., HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL).
- Knowledge of applicable design standards addressing instrumentation and controls design/engineering (e.g., API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE).
- Eligibility to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Familiarity with implementation of SPI database, specifications, wiring and loop module preferred.
- Experience with designing and supporting Safety Instrumented Systems(SIS), Safety Instrumented Functions(SIF), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and related activities preferred.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes