Maintenance Engineering Manager
904 7th Ave Seattle, WA 98104 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
INDUSTRY: Facilities/Maintenance Engineering
The Maintenance Manager / Chief Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the maintenance operations for the exterior and interior facilities, including but not limited to life safety issues, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, HVAC, structural, finishes, facility maintenance, painting, elevators, landscaping & grounds, and all areas of the medical clinics and ambulatory surgery center physical plant. Will manage the work of Maintenance Engineers, Painters, Vendors and Contractors for high-rise and low-rise facility equipment, planned & scheduled service work, as well as emergency work for multiple buildings leased and/or owned. Will manage, instruct, and supervise Maintenance Engineers and Painters on the proper operation of systems and equipment and will support staff with specific training and assistance with technical issues. Will manage annual operating budgets, provide written proposals and recommendations including cost analysis for department initiatives and provide analysis and feedback on energy management and facility efficiencies.
- Implement and maintain Maintenance Engineering Department standards and all other policies and procedures
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the clinics and ambulatory surgery center, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC system and any other related equipment
- Insure that maintenance cycles for all mechanical, electrical, controls, hardware and life safety systems are being performed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure property is clean, orderly, and is a safe environment for patients and staff.
- Respond in a courteous manner to physician, management, staff or patients questions, complaints, or requests
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Coordinate and/or assist Project Managers and Construction Managers with special projects, including, but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractors bids, budgets and schedules.
- Insure that all facilities are in compliance with local, state and federal building codes, electrical codes, life safety codes, health codes and CMS requirements as they apply to our facilities.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment.
- Maintain Critical Maintenance Logs and all related documents as required by facility licensure agreements, State Department of Health, CMS or as required by other jurisdictions.
- Manage vendor contracts and agreements.
- Monitor the level and quality of services performed by outside contractors in accordance with the agreements, service contracts, warranties, service repairs, etc.
- Routinely use surveys and Continuous Process Improvement methods in order to systematically monitor team performance and identify areas of improvement
- Respond to physicians, management, staff, and patients on issues in a timely, courteous manner and communicate with department heads to advise of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Assist the Director of Facilities and Support Services with Annual Capital Plan Development this includes but not limited to Assisting with project scope development, obtaining competitive quotes and inputting all required documentation for review and approval.
- Implement and Maintain the Hazardous Communication Program, Crisis Management, and participate in all Safety Programs of the clinics and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Maintain communication with the Housekeeping department and work collaboratively together with Housekeeping Manager to develop an organized process for P.M’ s and to assist during deep cleaning schedules with moving furniture if needed.
- Assist Engineers with tasks of a skilled nature, required for the operation, maintenance, and repair of facility buildings and equipment.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) as a key member of the Emergency Response Team. Report to a facility in the event of any critical emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Maintenance Manager which may occur at any time.
- Must possess experience with building Energy Management Systems and Maintenance Management Systems.
- Must possess building controls systems education and experience.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and participate in an on-call schedule for Engineers in order to insure emergency after-hours response, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Report any impact to clinic operations to the Director of Facilities and Support Services.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’ s degree or related technical school degree preferred
- Or a combination of education and recent relevant experience; and recent experience in aspects of commercial and medical building maintenance required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in medical clinics, hospital and building maintenance, including 3 years in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to interact and communicate with both internal facility personnel as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Must have current driver’ s license and acceptable driving record.
- Appropriate City of Seattle and State certifications and licenses
- Licenses may be require, preferred.
- HVAC certification may be required,
- Washington State electrical “ 07” license or trainee card required
- Seattle Grade 3, Boiler Fireman License
- Technical School Certificate(s) preferred.
- OSHA training and certificates preferred.
- Will be required to communicate with Physicians, Providers, Management, and Staff via e-mail, work order management system, and phone to communicate workflow progress and completions.
- Must possess excellent communications skills. Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work Order Management System
- Manage and direct others as to appropriate and efficient use of the work order management system.
- Monitors all work orders and work assignments as required for efficient and effective operations and controls of the work required.
- Communicate with the end user, customer, or manager to determine appropriate personnel or vendor to answer maintenance and service requests.
- Monitors notifications to end user, customer, or manager of progress and or conclusion of their work order requests.
- Manage, monitor, and execute preventative maintenance through and with Facilities and Support Services work order management system.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes