600 West Wilbur Ave Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815
LOCATION: Coeur d' Alene, ID
INDUSTRY: OEM Electronics
Under general supervision this position will be responsible for manufacturing and process engineering supporting our electronics assembly processes. This role will also engage in routine design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of mechanical or electronic apparatus, components or circuitry for use in electronic and electromechanical equipment and devices. May prepare plans, specifications, and cost estimates for assignments.
- Track process metrics and drive process improvement.
- Define, justify, implement, and validate manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with development teams, manufacturing, customers, and suppliers to ensure that highly manufacturable designs are released to production.
- Support specification of components and materials.
- Develop manufacturing plans.
- Routine design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of tooling.
- May assign work to technicians as appropriate.
- Provide expedient technical support to all areas of the company wherever required.
- Create and maintain good supplier and customer relationships.
- Drive quality improvements and manage assigned CARs (corrective action requests).
- Support Lean Manufacturing efforts.
- BSME, BSMfgE or BSIE plus at least 5 years of applicable work experience.
- Experience with SMT technologies and electronics soldering.
- Well versed in IPC standards.
- Process validation experience.
- Understanding of process capability, statistical analysis and design of experiments.
- Problem solving/analytical ability.
- Understanding of Lean initiatives, TQM, Six Sigma, and TPS.
- Design and drafting capabilities.
- Ability to perform facilities, work center and line flow charting and layouts.
- Understanding of BOM structures.
- Understanding of routing and time standards.
- Knowledge of a variety of raw material conversion and assembly processes.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes