9611 NE 117th Ave Bellingham, WA 98226 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Bellingham, WA
INDUSTRY: Oil & Gas
Work includes support for all project phases, with particular focus in front-end engineering and detailed engineering. Position will be assigned as mechanical engineering lead for projects and will be responsible for coordination and ensuring effective communications with other engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for leading piping engineering design activities, providing piping engineering deliverables for the project in front-end and detailed engineering phases.
- Responsible for review of piping vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines and designers.
- Responsible for ensuring the structural integrity of piping systems and their compliance with applicable codes, stands, and industry practice, including selection and design of pipe support systems.
- BSc in mechanical engineering as piping lead with minimum of 10 years’ experience in the petrochemical, oil & gas, power generation and metallurgical/mineral processing industries.
- PE license preferred with ability to register with NCEES and in other States of company practice.
- Ability to lead quality management of discipline work processes and deliverables.
- Must be familiar with common metallurgies used in an industrial environment, with welding procedures and related ASME code, common corrosion mechanisms and methods of mitigation and be thoroughly knowledgeable of pertinent API documents used for guiding design.
- Experience with hydraulic analysis for piping and ductwork using software (e.g., Design Flow Solutions).
- Experience with piping stress analysis, both static and dynamic, using CAESAR II software.
- Experienced with developing equipment specifications and data sheets, and working with vendors to obtain quotes.
- Knowledge of applicable design standards addressing mechanical piping design/engineering (e.g., ASME, API, PIP, PFI, MSS, ANSI).
- Eligibility to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes