600 West Wilbur Ave Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815
LOCATION: Coeur d' Alene, ID
- Minimum BSME with 5-10 years of relevant product experience.
- Applicants will be considered for each level individually.
- Experience with designing and analyzing multi-part mechanisms and mechanical/electromechanical assemblies.
- Excellent analytical abilities in math, stress and thermal analysis.
- Attention to detail, tolerancing, accuracy and speed of execution.
- Designing for Manufacturability and Designing for Speed.
- Plastic, elastomer, and metal part design and fabrication experience.
- Significant breadth within materials science.
- Designing for EMC compliance.
- Experience with industry standard PC interfaces.
- Rapid Prototyping experience.
- Electronic Packaging experience.
- Ability to establish sourcing and tooling strategies, and execute to that strategy.
- High-end CAD tool experience, preferably with ProE or Solidworks.
- Experience with 2D CAD tools.
- Ability to produce general purpose, reusable design elements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with customers, vendors, and factory personnel.
- Experience with managing and leading internal resources as well as external contracting design resources.
- Experience in direct customer technical leadership and guidance.
- Experience with all aspects of end product packaging trade-offs.
- Ability to manage design projects from conception through production.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Willingness, ability and desire to travel.
- Advanced CAD/CAE experience, i.e. advanced surfacing, FEA.
- Experience with tool design and fabrication.
- Experience with Statistical Quality Control and Inspection techniques.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering environment.
- Experience with CAD Data exchange programming.
- Ability to manage technical risk.
- Basic understanding of cost accounting.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 practices.
- Familiarity with FDA, TUV, EC, FCC, etc. agency requirements.
- Familiarity with Reliability Engineering methodologies including worst case, stress, durability analysis and HALT.
- Familiarity with Industry Drafting Standards.
- Responsible for the mechanical/electromechanical design of products including the following:
- Deploy, prioritize and manage resources and technology towards Advanced Input’ s objectives of Productivity, Quality and Growth.
- Performs architectural and detailed mechanical/electromechanical design utilizing our technology in order to satisfy customer requirements and specifications.
- Assists in performing costing activities as required through Sales.
- Works with limited guidance on complex engineering activities including mechanical/electromechanical design
- studies, electrical interfaces, cost analysis and project coordination.
- Works with customers to establish design definitions.
- Assists management to develop future technology requirements.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design standards.
- Coordinates Mechanical/electromechanical Design with responsible Program Manager.
- Executes projects in alignment with the Mechanical Development Process.
- Reviews designs with Manufacturing to ensure product is manufacturable.
- Responsible for all mechanical/electromechanical facets of the project through production.
- Responsible for all levels of deliverables (documentation, fixtures and tooling) required to produce a quality part on time
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes