Sales Engineer - Pulse Group
Buffalo, NY 00000
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
INDUSTRY: Thermal processing equipment for production of advanced materials
The Parts & Service Sales Engineer is responsible for delivering a high level of customer service, account management, handling incoming inquiries and driving business via outbound sales activity. Typical activities include calling on and visiting customers, preparing estimates, delivering quotations, assisting with order entry, customer service and support, defining customer specific parts and service solutions and coordinating information between the company and the customer.
- Call on current and potential customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, obtain details of issues/concerns, and identify opportunities for parts and service sales or other company sales.
- Properly define the scope of work on all inquiries and handle inquiries the meet requirements of Parts and Service department, or hand off leads where the requirements are beyond P&S scope.
- Implement sales strategy to win business.
- Work to resolve customer issues in a timely, professional manner in order to build and/or maintain long-term relationships.
- Maintain customer data, interactions in CRM system in order to facilitate data driven business intelligence.
- Review historical data in MRP system, CRM or past job files in order to understand and fulfill specific customer requirements.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to understand customer/equipment requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support
- When necessary, interface with other departments, such as Purchasing, Procurement, Shipping, Applications, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Accounting.
- Utilize CRM, ERP system and Excel to prepare accurate order estimates which typically include materials, shop labor, field service, engineering, and travel and living expenses. Verify accuracy, and review with department manager
- Prepare quotes including pricing, lead time, shipping & payment terms, and submit to customer in a timely fashion.
- Upon receipt of customer orders, review terms and conditions and flag any modifications, and generate MRP acknowledgement.
- Update and maintain CRM with necessary information.
- Follow procedures for addressing export-licensing issues, including ECCN and Schedule “ B” numbers.
- Understand company and department goals & strive to balance the needs of the customer while helping to achieve these goals.
- Make suggestions to improve how the company informs/educates our customers.
- 4-year engineering/ technical degree or equivalent combined education and direct experience
- Experience in outside technical sales preferred.
- Outgoing & possess experience in value selling.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide high level customer services, customer needs assessments, while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Experience with MRP / ERP and CRM systems, preferably in an engineering/manufacturing environment. Syteline and Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus.
- Engineering design skills/Reading drawings
- Knowledge of Export regulations helpful.
- Experience with service agreements helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail required.
- Must be willing to travel-domestic & international-up to 50% of the time
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes