4455 Genessee Street Suite 123 Buffalo, NY 00000 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
INDUSTRY: Thermal processing equipment for the production of advanced materials
- A Sales Manager is responsible for business growth and sales leadership in positioning Company solutions at customers within the assigned product, geographic, and/or market segment.
- This position establishes and manages the appropriate channel of sale and relationships with the customers and end-users in the assigned segment.
- The incumbent is responsible for maintaining established business within the segment and for identifying new market segment opportunities.
- Conduct initial screening and evaluation of the potential business case and pursues course of action to secure the opportunity.
- This role will service all customers within the assigned segment and focus on building and maintaining customer relationships through direct sales activity.
- Maintain highest level of knowledge possible of Company products, applications, services and policies
- Sales growth consistent with the Company’ s annual operational and strategic plans.
- Become the knowledge source for key market influencers involved in the design, development, and production/commercial-scale processing of materials related to the assigned business segment.
- Implement sales strategy to pursue and win business.
- Continually refine & update technical knowledge base in order to understand customer’ s technical requirements and applicability to company business.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of core competencies and applicable technologies in order to “ sell capabilities”.
- Develop and maintain a business/order bookings forecast for the assigned segment.
- Acquire an aptitude for identifying decision makers & transcending gatekeepers.
- Assist with & oversee tender management in order to design a compelling solution that meets the customer’ s needs while minimizing the overall risk.
- Maintain customer data and interactions in CRM system in order to facilitate data driven business intelligence.
- Work closely with Applications, Technology, Engineering, and Manufacturing to guide the organization to achieve target sales objectives.
- Perform hands-on global sales activities from the generation of leads to development of sales proposals and contracts through to the closing of the sale.
- Effectively utilize commission-based agents to generate leads and effectively close business deals.
- Develop & deliver technical sales presentations that align company capabilities with customer needs.
- Assess market competition and communicate relevant information as needed.
- Determine the optimum mode of operation, in terms of territory, new business, and product lines.
- Position requires 60%+ travel (both domestic &international)
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales/Applications Engineer role or equivalent
- BS degree (preferred disciplines: Chemical, Ceramic, or Materials Engineering)
- Industry knowledge and/or experience in Thermal/Material Processing for Advanced Materials extremely desirable. Examples: Technical ceramics, Metal Powders, Aerospace Coatings, Nuclear Materials, and/or Battery materials.
- Engineering experience with complex, custom design & build processing systems extremely desirable.
- Experience with CRM Systems (Microsoft Dynamics) is a plus.
- Candidate must be outgoing & possess a strong propensity for value selling
- International travel and/or study abroad experience ideal
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes