8825 S. 228th St. Kent, WA 98031
LOCATION: Kent, WA
Provide accurate, data-driven estimates to customers in response to inquiries regarding new and recurring manufacturing orders.
- Develop detailed cost estimates for integrated aerospace offerings to support Requests for Quote (RFQ) and other customer requirements
- Investigate, interpret, and make recommendations related to OEM specifications and requirements to assist company' s bidding and costing approach
- Conduct assessments and provide recommendations related to new bid opportunities
- Conduct Make/Buy analysis and make recommendations, as required
- Communicate with internal and external customers and respond to customer inquiries and support as required
- Identify and capitalize on internal/external competitive advantages
- Perform other tasks or project activities as required
- Understanding of direct and indirect influences on product costs
- Ability to work with large complex models, utilizing advanced functions
- Knowledge of assembly processes related to aerospace products
- Other applicable aerospace qualifications, knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of " special processes"
- Knowledge of various aerospace OEM Process Specifications
- Drafting/blueprint reading and geometric design & tolerancing
- Knowledge of manufacturing tool types and usages.
- Understanding of aerospace configuration management system and aerospace manufacturing techniques.
- Superior computing skills (MS Access, Excel, ERP, other estimating software)
- 4-year degree in engineering and/or operations management, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 7-9 years estimating experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment or other related combination of education and experience required
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Analytical and creative skills to find solutions to problems
- Superior computing skills: MS Office and Excel
- Advanced mathematical skills, including geometry and algebra
- Attention to detail
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes