9611 NE 117th Ave Bellingham, WA 98226 | Direct Hire
LOCATION: Bellingham, WA
INDUSTRY: Oil & Gas
Work includes support for all project phases, with particular focus in detailed engineering. Position will be assigned as structural engineering lead for projects and will be responsible for coordination and ensuring effective communications with other engineering disciplines.
- Research, plan and design structural solutions for a wide range of industrial facilities. Responsible for completing structural analysis and design of complex structures fabricated from structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood, and design of complex foundations, including pile- and soil-supported.
- Responsible for review of structural shop drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines and designers.
- Responsible for preparation of construction drawing and specification packages.
- BSc in civil or structural engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in the petrochemical, oil & gas, power generation and/or metallurgical/mineral process industries. MSc a plus.
- Proficiency with structural engineering and design software (e.g., RISA-3D, STAAD) required.
- PE license required with SE highly preferred or the commitment to acquire within one year. Ability to register with NCEES and in other States of company practice required.
- Ability to lead quality management of discipline work processes and deliverables.
- Ability to develop specifications for and interpret results from geotechnical investigations.
- Experience in vibration analysis and large rotating equipment foundation design a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable model codes addressing structural design/engineering (e.g., ACI, IBC, AISC, ANSI, ASCE).
- Eligibility to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Review our open positions to find the best match for your areas of expertise.
If you don't see a "direct hire" position or location you desire, may we suggest that you apply for a "contract" position? Find out why many Engineers prefer to be "contractors" rather than "direct hire" employees.
Engineers say... "They had great clients for me to choose from and made sure I was happy. I would recommend them to anyone..." Read more engineer and client quotes